Thursday, June 11, 2009

A LETTER FROM MY FRIEND SCOTT MITCHELL

Below I've posted an email from my friend Scott Mitchell concerning a story I told about Tom Mann on a recent podcast. Tom and his friends decided to air up a dog with a bicycle pump and then his little brother. Little did he realize that he could have killed the dog and his brother. Scott's email tells of a similar story that ended with the death of a child. I should have mentioned in my podcast that what Tom did was extremely dangerous and not to be taken lightly. Although it was funny at the moment, Tom did say in his book that it was a big mistake and included a warning. Which I failed to do. Thank you Scott for bringing that to my attention.

Hello Ron,

On a recent podcast you were talking about this book you were reading
about country boys in the past. You read a story where this guy put a
gopher up the butt of a donkey and then later pumped up a donkey butt
with an air pump. Later you said the same thing was done by one
brother onto another. What book was this? Who were these people?

You seemed to have kind of a ha ha nudge wink wink attitude towards
how things were in the old country days.

When you told this story I was taken back to my high school days. I
had a shop teacher... Mr. Littlefield. He was a grumpy and small wirey
guy that took no crap from anyone. On one day he got the class
together and laid out the rules of shop classs. He made it clear that
anyone fooling around in the LEAST... even just cracking jokes would
be ejected from the class perhaps permanently. As he was saying this
we all wondered what was this old fart's problem. Next he told a story
and he got real serious. A number of years before he said he was
running shop class and some boys got to horsing around. Ha ha wink
wink. They had a compressed air tank and a hose and one boy grabbed
the hose and put it up to the butt of a kid there and pressed the
lever. A blast of high compressed air came out and inflated the boys
intestine and it exploded. Before they could get the boy to the
hospital for emergency surgery he was dead from the poisons in his
intestine spilling out into the rest of his body and massive bleeding.
He never forgot it and became a strict task master. I respected that.

When I heard this story I was reminded of this. You probably never
gave it any thought. You might want to mention to never try something
like that for any reason and that it is not funny at all. I would hate
to think of someone trying that thinking it was funny. Also in this
day and age that would definitely be sexual assault akin to these
preachers that sodomize kids and the person doing it would have a
record as a sexual predator for the rest of their life. Now we take
such things VERY seriously. I am pretty glad things are different now
than in the good old days.

I know you adore kids and I am sure you were just not thinking about
it. I only thought I would mention it to make you aware of it as
kindly as I can.

Best Regards
Scott Mitchell

Common man Uncommon thoughts
Step outside the box
Politics, Technology, Philosophy, & a slice of my life.
Shorten your commute by listening.
http://www.scottpodcast.com

No comments:

Followers